If you need to get in touch with Mrs Connon you can do so via Class Dojo, a chat at hometime, a phonecall or a scheduled meeting.
Homework will be given out on Fridays and is due in on Wednesdays. Year 5 will receive:
• 1 x spellings list and task (tested Fridays)
• 1 x times tables to learn (tested Fridays)
• 1 x written Maths activity (sometimes there may also be 1 x online Maths activity on My Maths or Purple Mash)
• 1 x written grammar/ comprehension task
• Sometimes, Y5 may be given tasks related to other subjects
Y5 children are expected to read everyday for ~20 mins and get their reading record signed 4x a week. In Year 5, children will sit reading and comprehension test papers at the end of each full term so it is so important to read and discuss books as much as possible. Reading records will be checked daily and children are expected to change their own books and select high quality books to read for pleasure. Awards will be given out each term for consistent home reading.
Year 5 will have PE on Tuesday mornings with Miss Kavanagh, our PE coach, and on Thursdays with Mrs Connon. Please wear the appropriate PE kit to school, on those days, which is clearly named.